We have exciting opportunities for a Parts Advisor.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join a fast growing business who has manufactor and franchise experience.
The successful candidate will work with Prestige Motor Brands and will ideally have strong customer skills and experience, as this is the main focus of the position. Knowledge of the motor trade is preferred.
The most committed individuals will enjoy success, an excellent working environment and rewards with training provided.
Main Purpose of Job
To satisfy all internal and external customer requirements and increase all aspects of the parts business through direct selling.
To be fully conversant with all procedures within the Parts Department.
To provide an accurate and speedy service to all customers.
- To ensure all customers, internal and external are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms, for retail, warranty and trade customers of the dealership.
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and that they are binned accordingly and that all orders are checked and the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure that every part in the department is located properly and never “left” or put somewhere “temporary”.
- To ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To maintain acceptable standards of dress.
- To maintain up-dated, clean, priced displays in the parts areas and showroom at all times to generate interest and excitement.
- To ensure that all old units are returned to the Parts Department are cleaned and drained of oil.
- To ensure that all old units are returned to manufacturers in the prescribed manner.
- To Maintain a surcharge ledger.
- To be available, when required, to attend training courses.
- To ensure that the procedures and company rules for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to.
- To report any stock damage or stock losses immediately to the Manager.
- To ensure that the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) system is kept up to date and all current information available.
- To assist in stock checks when required.
- To be able to pack and load parts correctly and should also be acquainted with all despatch matters.
- To maintain good relationships with all suppliers.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other departments.
Limits of Authority
Not to exceed the discounts and terms agreed by the management.
Not to order parts for stock that are outside normal movement category requirements without prior authority.
Customer Service Skills
- Meet and greet customers
- Empathise with customers
- Qualify and listen
- Influence and persuade
- Communicate technical information, clearly and simply
- Adapt to customer demands
- Effectively use the telephone
- Conveys openness, honesty and trust
- Work to deadlines and targets
- Maintain safe working area
- Work quickly and accurately
- Retain and recall information
- Record information accurately
- Clear handwriting
- Maintain records
- Attention to detail
- Logical and systematic
- Plan ahead
- Accurate checking
Interpersonal and Team Skills
- Develop customer relationships
- Willing to take responsibility for colleagues
- Work as a team member
- Good communicator
- Liaise effectively with other departments
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible approach
- Professional appearance and manner
- Positive attitude
- Work under pressure
- Work without close supervision experience
- Full driving license
- Motor industry or other retailing experience
- Customer handling skills experience
- Computer systems
- Stock control systems
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.