Main Purpose of Job
To carry out all valet work to the high standard expected.
The continual maintenance of all vehicle displays including the new, used and demonstrator fleet.
To develop and train new and current team members
- To carry out all work to the expected standard in time scale laid down by Sales Managers/Site Supervisor.
- To assist in the transportation of any vehicles to and from the docks.
- To maintain all vehicle displays, new and used, as directed by the Sales Managers.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the demonstrator fleet and refuel when required.
- To advise the Sales Manager of any additional work necessary that may be discovered during the valeting process.
- To ensure that all vehicles worked on are carefully handled and reasonable care is taken at all times.
- To maintain the workplace in a serviceable, tidy and clean condition.
- To be prepared to work overtime with reasonable notice (24 hours) if requested.
- To assist,when requested, in any aspect of site organisation and tidiness.
- To coach new and current employees in the department.
- Carry out quality control on the cleaning of vehicles.
- To ensure ALL used cars are photographed prior to presentation on the website.
- To ensure ALL team members have PPE and follow our Health and Safety policy.
- Maintaining stock levels of products required for the department.
- To ensure the Valeting department and surrounding area is kept tidy.
- To be reporting any employee matters to the Sales Manager.
- To ensure all valeting equipment is in good condition and has been PAT tested.
- To maintain staff levels, holidays and cover at all times.
- To control costs and overtime to maintain saving where possible.
Any additional duties requested by your manager.
There should be no requirement for heaving lifting, however if there is a risk you must inform your manager.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The Company reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to changing business needs. Any changes will be discussed with you and confirmed in writing.
Skills – Valeter
Customer Service Skills
- Pride in work
- Care about the finished car
- Work to deadlines and targets
- Maintain safe working area
- Work quickly and accurately
- Retain and recall information
- Record information accurately
- Follow systems and procedures
- Attention to detail
- High Standards
- Logical and systematic
- Plan ahead
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible approach
- Professional appearance and manner
- Positive attitude
- Work under pressure
- Work without close supervision
- Hard working
- Full driving license
- Motor Trade
- Supervisory / Managing a team
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate Privacy Statement